Policy on the subject of VILLAS cookies
ARTICLE 1. Definition
We understand by:
– Device categories or terminal equipment: devices such as laptop or desktop computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.
– Cookies: small text files in alphanumeric format placed or read on your device categories when you visit and use our website. When you visit a website, cookies anonymously assign a specific reference to each user. They also make it easier for the identified person to use the website later as the website is directly displayed in your language.
– Web tags or pixel tags: graphic files (invisible) contained in a web page or e-mail. They collect information on the behaviour of visitors on the website. Web beacons or pixel tags are activated when a visitor surfs on our website or opens a web link sent to him/her by email and reads the related information. We use web beacon technology to establish a record of visitor activity on our website. Thanks to this technology, we can know which parts of the websites are visited, when and where they are visited.
The combination of cookies and web tags/pixel tags allows web behaviour to be addressed to a specific user.
– Computer files or trace files or log files: files to keep track of all requests sent to the hosting server and its operation. They make it possible to collect precise information on the traffic on the website and to analyse the audience of the website.
The files and technologies used may be temporary (session cookies are deleted as soon as you close the browser), permanent (some cookies are deleted when you do so by yourself or at the scheduled time) or they may be both at the same time.
Some cookies, files and technologies are installed and administered by third parties. This allows the use of certain tasks on our website or the sharing of information via social networks. Edition Ventures declines any responsibility in the event of use by third parties of such files and technologies when they collect, process and/or enrich data in an automated manner.
We are careful that no viruses or harmful applications are found in the files and technologies used by VILLAS.
We would like to point out that no cookie contains any information that would allow us to contact you by telephone, e-mail or post.
ARTICLE 2: Functioning and consent
VILLAS uses three types of cookies:
1. Functional cookies[non-removable]
These cookies are essential. Indeed, they allow for an efficient and convenient connection that also guarantees your security in the online environment.
As part of these cookies, anonymous data is processed and collected, specifically on how you use the website, in order to facilitate your overall use on the website.
2. Comfort cookies[to select]
Comfort cookies facilitate your experience and use of our website by retaining your personal preferences. Cookies record, for example, that you are browsing our website using the French language and the next time you visit the website, it will be displayed directly in French. Through these cookies, we may also encounter your relevance and interests with the information and offers on the website.
3. Commercial cookies[to select]
We place the customer experience at the heart of our company policy. In order to meet your expectations regarding your interests collected on our website but also on other sites and social networks, the content of VILLAS ads is customized according to your desires. Cookies based on the cross-referencing of aspects of your custom are implemented by VILLAS and third parties for commercial purposes but also on social networks.
ARTICLE 3 Type of personal data and processing
The use of our website involves the automatic collection of data through cookies or other systems that record information. The type of data referred to in this section includes, but is not limited to, IP address, device used, site visited or application used, language and browser type.
The categories of personal data depend on the service used. We aim, for example, at providing the following data:
1) Data from your interactions on the pages dedicated to the different social networks if you give your consent to this type of data processing.
2) When you browse our website, data relating to your behaviour and habits regarding the use of the various distribution and communication channels may be recorded, including but not limited to:
– Location data to locate you in an approximate way;
– The duration of the use of our services and products, when you use them and how often they are used;
– The way you use our site;
– How you use the articles, videos, photographs, pages that are viewed, read and shared;
– The way you came to our site (according to which referent or keyword);
– The use of anti-advertising software and;
– The device, system software or browser used.
The other data is collected in order to give you the best possible experience on our various web media. Thanks to automated data processing, we improve our services and products so that they are personalized and adapted to your needs and desires.
ARTICLE 4: Main supplier – Google Analytics
Cookies used for statistical purposes of navigation information allow the server to automatically collect the following data when you access the site:
• the IP address assigned to each one when you connect;
• the date and time of access to the Site;
• the pages consulted;
• the type of browser used;
• the platform and/or operating system installed on the PC;
• the search engine and the keywords you use to find the VILLAS website and ;
• the downloaded files.
The collection of its information is kept in order to measure the number of users within each session of the site and to improve it according to the experience measured on it.
Section 1. gtag.js and analytics.js
• differentiate unique users and
• moderate the demand rate.
gtag.js and analytics.js set the following cookies:
Section 2. ga.js
• determine the area to be measured
• differentiate unique users
• moderate the demand rate
• remember the number and time of previous visits
• remember information about the source of traffic
• determine the beginning and end of a session
• remember the value of custom variables at the visitor level
By default, this library sets cookies on the specified domain according to the browser property within the.host document and sets the cookie path to the root level (/).
This library sets the following cookies:
The following methods can be used to customize the configuration of cookies:
• _setDomainName – sets the domain to which all cookies will be set.
• _setCookiePath – sets the path to which all cookies will be set.
• _setVisitorCookieTimeout – sets the expiration of the cookie of Google Analytics visitors in milliseconds.
• _setSessionCookieTimeout – sets the cookie expiry time of the new session in milliseconds.
• _setCampaignCookieTimeout – sets the timeout of the campaign tracking cookie in milliseconds.
• _storeGac – overrides to disable the GAC cookie. The default value is true.
Section 3. urchin.js
Section 4: Google Analytics for Advertising
For customers who use Google Analytics ad display features, such as remarketing, a third-party DoubleClick (third-party or third-party cookie: a cookie associated with a domain name different from the one that hosts the page) is used in addition to the other cookies described in this document for these features only.
Section 5: Content Experience
For websites using Google Analytics content experiences, the following cookies are used for these features in addition to the other cookies described in this document:
Section 6: Optimizes 360
For websites using Optimize 360, the following cookie is used in addition to the other cookies described in this document:
The source of the information in Article 4 comes from Google Analytics’ website at the following address: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. If you would like more details, you can consult this same Internet page, which will refer you to other more detailed pages if necessary.
ARTICLE 5: Storage period for cookies
The storage period varies from one cookie to another. In principle, cookies remain stored until the user deletes them (for more information, see article 4).
ARTICLE 6: Disabling cookies, web beacons, log files and other files and technologies used by VILLAS or third parties
Please follow the instructions for deactivating these elements with regard to the browser used:
• Google Chrome link: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
• Mozilla Firefox link: https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/cookies-informations-sites-enregistrent
• Internet Explorer link: : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/kb/260971
• Safari link: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
• Opera link: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/fr/cookies.html
The website http://www.youronlinechoices.com/be-fr/ allows you to disable cookies by giving the data subject the choice of processing.
In the event that you disable cookies, it is possible that some parts of the Site may not be accessible and/or usable, or may only be partially so. The total or partial deletion of cookies, web beacons, log files or tools to detect anti-advertising technologies may affect the optimal use of the site.
ARTICLE 7: Illustration and usefulness of exchanges – combinations of your personal data & profiling within VILLAS
For example, if you are a VILLAS website user, we will analyze your experience on the website in order to improve our products and services according to your needs. Another purpose of profiling is to sell advertisers advertising space on our website in relation to your preferences and interests based on the processing of anonymous data collected through the Site. By showing interest in the VILLAS magazine, we assume that you like decorative objects for example.
The parameters proposed on the website suggest that you add your preferences or interests to link the data together for advertising or marketing purposes.
The interest in linking information together on the basis of different categories of people allows us to target our products and services and to offer you products and services that are more likely to interest you. We also use profiling and personal data to sell advertising space that enriches our Site’s customers. For example, you might be interested in an advertisement referring to a designer’s eshop published many times in VILLAS magazine.
Revenues from advertising space sales to advertisers allow most of our products and services to exist and to be self-managed. Advertising spaces, in addition to financing a portion of our products and services, offer quality commercial proposals aimed at categories of people who are likely to express an interest in selling these products/services. We see this as an added value to our products and services, as we seek to provide you with ever greater satisfaction.